The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCS) formally known as Nigerian Prison service (NPS) is a government agency of Nigeria which operates prisons. The agency is headquartered in Abuja,[and it is under the supervision of the Ministry of the Interior and the Civil Defence Immigration and Prisons Board . In case you’ve not applied for the Federal Fire Service Current Opening, click here
According to Punch, Grand commander of the federal republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari signed the Nigerian Correctional Service Bill into law.
The Act repeals the Nigerian Prisons Service Act.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Ita Enang, disclosed this to State House correspondent in Abuja on Wednesday.
With the signing, the Nigerian Prisons Service will now be called the Nigerian Correctional Service.
The Nigerian correctional service is first of it kind, and Nigeria will be the first country to change its prison service to a correctional service. The Nigerian correctional service, formally Nigerian prison service (NPS) is an agency operated by the Federal Government of Nigeria, right from the headquarters in Abuja.
The Nigerian Correctional Service(NCS)Formally Nigerian Prison Service Current News 2020
Currently at the helm of affaisrs in the Nigerian Correctional Service is the Head of the NPS which is the Controller-General of the Nigerian Prisons Service. He is the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the formulations and implementation of penal policies in Nigeria. He is responsible to the President through the Minister of Interior and the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board which the Minister heads. But in matters of prison policy he takes direct responsibility for policy implementation.
He is assisted by six (6) Deputy Controllers-General (DCGs) who head the six broad administrative divisions called Directorates into which the Service is broken for efficient management.
Nigerian Correctional Service, formally Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment general requirements
- Interested candidates must be able to present GCE O’Level, SSCE or equivalent certificates, with a minimum of five (5) credits (English compulsory) in not more than two (2) sittings or Trade Test Grade II. Certificates (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
- nationality by birth and must be able to provide adequate proof of nationality.
- All qualifications and certificates must tendered during application, because any one not presented and accepted during recruitment shall not be accepted after the recruitment.
- Applicants must be medically fit and be able to provide backing evidence/medical reports.
- Interested candidates must must not have been convicted of any criminal offences.
- Members of any Secret Society, Cults or Drug Addicts etc. are not permitted to apply
- Applicants must be between ages of 18 and 30 years
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.65m while female applicants must not be less than 1.60m.
- Male applicants must have a chest measurement not below 0.87m.
- Prior computer skills will provide a huge boost.
- Applicants must not be financially embarrassed.
In addition to all that, make sure to print out the Referee forms which must be duly completed for submission during screening Also, the Nigerian prison service permits only one application per candidate. Therefore, anyone who applies multiple time will automatically get disqualified.
Nigerian correctional service Available Positions & Requirements.
CATEGORY A: Superintendent Cadre:
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Medical, CONMESS 02.
- Applicants must be holders of M.B.B.S; M.D; M.D.S; or equivalents from recognized universities.
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Vetinary CONMESS 02.
- Applicants must be holders of D.V.M from recognized universities.
- Deputy Superintendent of Prisons (DSP) Pharmacy, CONHESS 09.
- Applicants must possess Bachelor’s of Pharmacy degrees from recognized universities.
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons. I (ASP.I) CONPASS 09
- Applicants must be holders of master’s degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Lab. Sciences, Architecture, Engineering, Radiology, etc
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons II (ASP.II), CONPASS 08
- Applicants must be holders of first degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Estate/Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works, etc.
CATEGORY B: Inspectorate Cadre:
- Senior Inspector of Prisons (SIP), CONPASS 08.
- Applicants must be holders of HND certificates obtained from recognized Polytechnics/Colleges in the following areas: Estate Management, Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works, etc.
- Inspector of Prisons (IP) Nursing, CONHESS 06.
- Applicants must be Registered Nurses (RN), Registered Midwives (RM) or Registered Nurses/Midwives (RNM) obtained from recognized institutions
- Assistant Inspector of Prisons (AIP) CONPASS 06.
- Applicants must be holders of OND/NCE Obtained from recognized institutions.
CATEGORY C: Assistant Cadre:
- Prisons Assistant I (PAI) CONPASS 05
- Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or their equivalents with a minimum of Five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English and Mathematics or Trade Test Grade 1 (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.) NPS
- Prisons Assistant II (PAII) CONPASS 04
- Applicants must possess the GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalent with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English or Trade Test Grade II. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
- Prison Assistant III (PA.III) CONPASS 03.
- Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalents with a minimum of three (3) credits in not more than Two (2) sittings, which should include at least English or Mathematics or Trade Test Grade III. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.).
How to Apply for Nigerian Correctional Service Jobs
- Applications must be Online.
- Candidate are expected to log into the website www.prisons.gov.ng
- Fill and submit the application form online via recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/recruit
- Candidates are advised to print out the Referee forms which must be duly completed for submission during screening.
- Candidates should NOTE that multiple applications will automatically be disqualified.
◊Cure and Knock Staphylococcus & Other Infectious Diseases out from your Body within 3 weeks --CLICK HERE
◊Order Our Ultimate Virtual Soccer Hacks and Secretes to Win 100k Daily --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊Join our Community and interact with fellow members>> Click here to join
◊JOIN US @TELEGRAM TO RECEIVE UPDATE CLICK HERE
◊ ◊Grab Ultimate List of Over 100+ Companies That Pays You Up To $2500 To Blog and Post Online ( #3000 Only))- CLICK HERE
◊Get All Recruitment Jobs Past Questions and Answers--CLICK HERE