There are many scholarships available to students, especially to those who have outstanding academic prowess. One of such scholarships include the Chevening Scholarship. It is a UK-based scholarship that is designed to groom leaders globally, in partnership with the UK government. Students with great academic records are awarded scholarships, with the aim of building and nurturing international relations.
The beneficiaries of the scholarship are selected by British Embassies. The Scholarship is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth office (FCO).
One major aim of the program is to boost the professional and academic opportunities available to future leaders, decision makers and influencers in such a way that the UK’s educational system is enhanced.
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
Additionally, Chevening, as well as other scholarship programs like DAAD, Commonwealth and Fulbright, strengthens the link with other nations and enhances cultural tolerance between such countries.
There are other available programs like the Chevening Fellowship. Get more details on Chevening official website. However, if you wish to apply for the scholarship it is very important to know the eligibility criteria required before devoting lots of time to it.
Chevening Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Chevening Scholarship is easy and many students can fit into them. Every intending Chevening Scholar must
- be a native of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to his/her country of citizenship for at least two years after the program
- Have a good undergraduate degree capable of getting you admitted into a postgraduate programme at a UK university.
- Have at least two years of work experience
- Apply to three (3) different UK university courses and have received an offer to study one of the courses
- Meet the English language requirement
Additionally, the applicants must not:
- Hold a British or dual British citizenship
- be an employee, a past employee, or relation of an employee (since July 2015) of the British Council, Her Majesty’s Government, or a staff of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- have previously studied in UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Chevening Scholarship: English Requirement
Intending Chevening Scholars must prove that they can speak English very well. Chevening supports the following examinations;
- Academic IELTS
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Pearson PTE Academic
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
Chevening Online Application System – A Simple Process
Application for the Chevening Scholarship is done through the online application system; it is very detailed and captures a comprehensive detail of each applicant.
Here are some tips to adhere to in order to enjoy a smooth application process
- Make use of the Google Chrome web browser.
- When filling your application form, work in a full-sized window.
- Avoid using your browser’s ‘back’ and ‘forward’ buttons.
- Don’t forget your username and password.
- Enter information carefully and accurately, particularly your contact details.
- prepare your answers offline first.
- Adhere to the word counts.
- You don’t have to complete the form in one session.
- Do not plagiarize.
- Apply in English Language only.
- Check the format and size of the files.
- Only submit your application when you are 100% satisfied with it
- you can only submit a single application.
Chevening Scholarship termination
The Chevening scholarship award can be terminated in the case of:
- Dismissal from the school.
- Breach of UK’s law and practices.
- Poor academic progress
These information will come handy when applying for the Chevening Scholarship.
All the best!!!