Huawei hosted an event in France on Tuesday where it announced the P20 and P20 Pro smartphones. At the event, the company also launched a Porsche Design made Mate RS with top-notch specifications and premium body design. This flagship-killer inherits most of its specifications from the P20 Pro but their design language is quite different. It will be foot-in-the-mud to think lesser of the Mate RS than the P20 Pro.
The first thing that marked the Mate RS differently is the disappearance of the notch at the top of the screen. The curved rectangle display is truly rectangle this time and you got the whole view of the crisp display without any “U” partition splitting the status bar into two. The Mate RS display is 0.1-inch smaller than 6.1-inch display of the P20 Pro, but it has twice the pixel resolution, which is QHD+ (2880p). Huawei used the same OLED panel for the smartphone.
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
In physical, the Mate RS is thicker and slightly bulkier, measuring 8.5mm in thickness and weighing 183 grams (the P20 Pro is 7.5mm thick and 180 grams heavy). This might be due to the re-alignment of the rear cameras, which has now been shifted from the upper left to the center.
Perhaps, the most enticing feature of the Porsche Design Mate RS is the presence of an under-display (or “in-display” as some calls it) fingerprint sensor. To unlock the phone, what an user need to do is just hover his/her finger above the display to light it up and then tap his/her registered finger on the display. There’s an additional fingerprint sensor at the back, maybe as a backup incase the front screen get injured.
The processor, RAM, cameras and the battery capacity are the same as P20 Pro, but this comes with up to 512GB of inbuilt storage.
Huawei Porsche Design Mate RS Specifications
- 6.0-inch OLED 2.5D curved glass display with QHD+ (2880×1440) resolution, 90000:1 contrast ratio, 538PPI
- 64-bit 2.4GHz octa-core Kirin 970 processor + i7 co-processor, Mali-G72 MP12 GPU, NPU
- 6GB RAM
- 256GB / 512GB built-in storage (non-expandable)
- 40MP (RGB, f/1.8 aperture) + 20MP (Monochrome, f/1.6 aperture) + 8MP (telephoto, f/2.4 aperture) triple rear camera, Leica VARIO Summilux-H lenses, LAF, CAF, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording, 960fps slo-mo video
- 24-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX576 sensor
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, EMUI 8.1
- In-display + rear fingerprint sensors
- Dual SIM
- Water and dust resistance (IP67)
- Connectivity: WiFi (dual band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS/A-GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000mAh, fast charging, wireless charging (Qi)
- Dimensions: 152.9 x 72.5 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 183 grams
- Color(s): Black, Red (China exclusive)
The 256GB storage version is priced at €1,695 ($2,100), while the 512GB storage version costs €2,095 ($2,597). Sales will begin on April 12.
◊[Easy BET and WIN 100%] Click Here To Get Daily Sure Football Predictions From Team Of Experts. --CLICK HERE
◊Join 1xbit and Bet in Crypto, Receive welcome Bonus up to 7 BTC --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE