Human resources can be defined as the overall skills and abilities that people possess, which enable them to do work. Human-resource development, on the other hand, is a planned process of improving the skills and knowledge of people through training, in order for them to work better.
People in a community have different skills, such as carpentry, bricklaying, engineering, hairdressing, tailoring, farming, banking; etc. for these people to continue their knowledge to develop the society, they need regular training and other means of improving their skills.
How to develop human resources
Human resources can be developed in the following ways:
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
People must have basic skills which are easily identified, in order for them to be adequately developed.
2.Training to acquire skills
Training is needed to acquire skills or improve already existing skills of people, as way of enhancing their life and work
There are various training institution in Nigeria where people can acquire or improve their skills and knowledge. Examples are:
- Trade/vocational and training centers
- schools (primary, secondary and tertiary)
- In house training (that is, within the organization where one works)
4.Reasons for training workers
Workers are trained for various reasons. Here are some of them.
- To improve their level of competence and make them more up to date
- To make them more productive, so that they can contribute meaningfully to the development of the society
- To increase their level of efficiency, that is, make them perform their duties on time and with limited resources
- To make the workers more effective in their duties
- To increase the general man power capacity of the country
- To identify new skills and talents in them
5.Different kinds of occupations in our community
People possess different skills and different occupations. This enables the community or society to achieve many goals. Here are some of these professions or streams.
- Medical/health profession
- Explain the meaning of human resources
- Describe three processes of human resource development
- List three institution for training workers
- State three reasons for training workers
- Identify six occupations in your family
- Ask your parents what their occupations are
- Find out the different occupations of other people in your family
- Participate in a classroom discussion on the various jobs people do
- Tell the class what you would like to be when you grow up