IQOO, Vivo sub-brand, today announced the IQOO 3 and IQOO 3 5G smartphones in India. The device are basically the same in all aspects except in connectivity where the later supports 5G connectivity, which the former lacked. The IQOO series is targeted at mobile gamers and the new device does not diifers in what it brings to the average consumers that are interested in gaming.
To enhance gameplay, the device has two pressure sensitive buttons pegged to the side frame that users can mapped while gaming for multi-touch control. IQOO revealed that the buttons (the firm called it Monster Touch buttons) are certified by the US-Ergo. They provide better grip and comfort while playing games, it further said. There is also 4D Gaming – a feature that uses real-time scene detection to offer subtle haptic that go in rhythm during gameplay.
The overall hardware system is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset, bundled with Adreno 650 GPU. Two versions of the phone will be coming to the market, the first proclaiming 8GB LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB storage, while the second will packed 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB storage. The storage are based on UFS 3.1, but there is no MicroSD slot onboard. IQOO said it uses a state-of-the-art VC liquid cooling system to reduce the CPU temperature by up to 12°C and the surface temperature by up to 3.5°C.
At the front resides a 6.44-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with a tiny punch-hole at the top that housed a 16MP front camera, while 48MP+13MP+13MP+2MP quad camera is located at the back. The IQOO 3 and IQOO 3 5G have glass back that is Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protected, runs Android 10, has an in-display fingerprint sensor, and are backed by 4400mAh with supports for 55W fast charging that can charge the phones from 0% to 50% within 15 minutes.
IQOO 3 / IQOO 3 5G Specifications
- Display: 6.44-inch Full HD+ (2400×1080) Super AMOLED, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR10+, 800 nits brightness, DC Dimming, 100% DCI-P3 wide color gamut, Schott Xensation UP glass protection
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm 64-bit chipset
- GPU: Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 (non-expandable)
- Rear Camera (Quad): 48MP, Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, EIS, LED flash; secondary 13MP telephoto lens, f/2.46 aperture, digital zoom (up to 20X); 13MP ultra-wide angle (120°) lens, f/2.2 aperture; 2MP depth camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Video recording: 4K @60fps
- Front Camera (Single): 16MP, f/2.45 aperture
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, Hi Res Audio support, Hi-Fi chip
- Water Protection: None
- Operating System: Android 10, IQOO UI 1.0
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor
- SIM: Dedicated dual SIM
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA), Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ax (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158.51×74.88×9.16mm
- Weight: 214.5 grams
- Battery: 4,440mAh (typical), 55W Super FlashCharge
- Colour(s): Tornado Black, Volcano Orange, Quantum Silver
- IQOO 3 4G 8GB/128GB -> Rs 36,990 (US$555)
- IQOO 3 4G 8GB/256GB -> Rs 39,990 (US$600)
- IQOO 3 5G 12GB/256GB -> Rs 44,990 (US$675)
The device will be available on IQOO.com and on Flipkart from March 4th.