Apply for the Miles Morland Foundation Writing Scholarship for African Writers 2021 to win a £18,000 Grant.
Are you an African writer? Do you know how to play around with words? Like, writing of fictional and non-fictional contents? If yes, then here is an opportunity for you to get a £18,000 Grant through the Miles Morland Foundation Writing Scholarship in 2021.
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
- The Scholarships are open to anyone writing in the English language who was born in Africa, or both of whose parents were born in Africa
- To qualify for the Scholarship a candidate must submit an excerpt from a piece of work of between 2,000 – 5,000 words, written in English that has been published and offered for sale.
- The only condition imposed on the Scholars during the year of their Scholarship is that they must write. They will be asked to submit by email at least 10,000 new words every month until they have finished their book, or their Scholarship term has ended. If the first draft of the book is completed before the year is up, payments will continue while the Scholar edits and refines their work.
- At the end of each month scholars must send the Foundation 10,000 new words that they will have written over the course of the month. Scholars are also asked to donate to the MMF 20% of whatever they subsequently receive from the book they write during the period of their Scholarship. This includes revenues as a result of film rights, serializations or other ancillary revenues arising from the book written during the Scholarship period. These funds will be used to support other promising writers. The 20% return obligation should be considered a debt of honor rather than a legally binding obligation.
- Scholars writing fiction will receive a grant of £18,000, paid monthly over the course of twelve months. At the discretion of the Foundation, Scholars writing non-fiction, who require additional research time, could receive an additional grant, paid over a period of up to eighteen months.
How to Apply
Have you enclosed all five things on the checklist below? If not, do not send a submission.
- A submission of between 2,000 to 5,000 words as a Word document of work that has been published and offered for sale. Please send proof of publication.
- A description of between 400 – 1,000 words about the new book you intend to write.
- A scan of an official document showing that you, or both of your parents, were born in Africa.
- A brief bio of between 200 – 300 words.
- Tell them how you heard about the Morland Writing Scholarships.
Applications will be received between July 1, 2021, and September 18, 2021. Applications submitted outside that period will not be looked at.
◊[Easy BET and WIN 100%] Click Here To Get Daily Sure Football Predictions From Team Of Experts. --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE