Realme, OPPO sub-brand aimed at India market today added a new smartphone to its collection in India called U1. The device is the first to use the new MediaTek Helio P70 chipset, its major highlight. The phone also boasts a 25MP front camera with Sony IMX576 sensor for pro-selfie shots.
The Realme U1 comes in two models; the first have 3GB of RAM and 32GB storage, while the high-end model have 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage. These have dedicated dual SIM slot and a MicroSD card slot that can accept up to 256GB of expandable storage.
The phone has a Dewdrop notch at the top of its 6.3-inch Full HD+ screen, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. At the rear is 13MP+2MP dual rear camera with a fingerprint sensor embedded right beneath for security. The software part is governed by Android 8.1 Oreo with Color OS 5.2 on top, while the power is drawn from a 3500mAh battery.
Realme U1 Specifications
- 6.3-inch Dewdrop 2.5D curved glass display with Full HD+ (2340×1080) resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 450 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.1GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 processor, Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB built-in storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash; secondary 2-megapixel rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 25-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX576 sensor
- Dual SIM
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, Color OS 5.2
- Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, FM radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 3500mAh
- Dimensions: 157x74x8mm
- Weight: 168 grams
The device will be available for Rs 11,999 ($168 USD) for the 3GB/32GB model, and Rs 14,999 ($210 USD) for the 4GB/64GB model. Sales will begin on December 5th and you will be able to grab one in either Ambitious Black, Brave Blue, or Fiery Gold colors.