Samsung has announced 2016 edition of its Galaxy A8 smartphone in Korea with newer specs and a more powerful processor. Unlike the 2015 edition, this packs Samsung-own Exynos chipset instead of Qualcomm Snapdragon. The phone boast a 5.7-inch full-HD display and houses a fingerprint sensor underneath the physical home button just like its predecessor.
The processor is not the only hardware that experience change, the RAM has been up from 2GB to 3GB and the front camera from 5MP to 8MP. Also, the Galaxy A8 2016 comes with a larger 3300mAh battery compare to 3050mAh that powered the Galaxy A8 2015.
Samsung Galaxy A8 2016 Specifications
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED always-on display with full-HD (1920×1080) resolution, 401ppi
- 64-bit 2.1GHz octa-core Exynos 7420 processor, Mali-T760 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB built-in storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 16-megapixel rear camera, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, GPS/A-GPS, GLONASS, Micro-USB
- Battery: 3300mAh
- Dimensions: 156.6×76.8×7.2mm
- Weight: 182 grams
- Color(s): Blue, Grey, Pink
The Galaxy A8 2016 is priced at KRW 649,000 ($588). It will be available for pre-orders on Korean network carrier SK Telecom from October 1. No details regarding availability for international markets.