In September, Motorola launched the 2nd generation of its Moto X and Moto G flagships, the Moto X 2nd Gen and Moto G 2nd Gen. We’ve already written a tutorial on how to root Moto G 2nd Gen, today we’ll be sharing how Moto X 2nd Gen users can root theirs.
Disclaimer: This information is intended for experienced users only. It is not intended for basic users and hackers. Please do not try the following method if you are not familiar with mobile phones. We will not be responsible for the use or misuse of this information, including loss of data or hardware damage. So use it at your own risk.
To root Moto X 2014 model you’ll first need to unlock its bootloader, thankfully Motorola has made provision for that, head to the official page to learn how to unlock it. Now back to our tutorial, this are the tools needed to get the job done.
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
- ADB and Fastboot: If you’ve Android SDK already installed on your PC you need not to worry about it, but if not you can download Minimal ADB and Fastboot which is more lighter than Android SDK.
- Motorola USB Drivers: You can download it from here
- Superboot Exploit: Download the zip file here
- SU (SuperUser): download it here
Now, follow the steps below
- Go to your phone Settings -> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging.
- Extract the Superboot Exploit zip file and copy the pure2014sb.img file to your ADB/Fastboot folder.
- Connect your Motorola Moto X 2nd Gen to your pc via USB cable.
- Right-click on an empty space in the ADB folder and select “Open Command Window Here”
- Type the followimg command in the window “adb reboot bootloader” your phone will auto restart and boot into bootloader menu.
- Enter this command “fastboot boot pure2014sb.img” the smartphone will boot up, quickly install the su and reboot again.
- Proceed to Google Play Store to download and install SuperUser App.
Congrats! You have successfully root your Moto X 2nd Gen, if you face any problem drop your comment below.